Normally when one decides to lose weight, the first few things that go out of the window are sugar, sweets and chocolates. But if one knows about the right way of eating (yes! even sweets) 😈, one can continue to eat sweets and still lose weight. Losing weight does not mean you zip the lip to sweets.
You can read my post: Eat Sweets & Still Lose Weight to know how you can satisfy your cravings without worrying about putting on weight.
Losing weight really does not mean that one stops eating sweets. The more you try to suppress your craving of eating sweets, the more you would get haunted by them. It is human nature, and you really cannot do much about it. 😁😁 So just have the sweets, infact relish them. Only eat them in the right manner.
Today I am going to share with you recipe of yummy laddos made of freshly grated coconut. These laddos can be prepared in just 5 minutes, with just 4 ingredients (5th one is optional).
I have had many of these yummy laddos as my evening tea snack for many days during my weight loss journey.
Let’s prepare these melt-in-your-mouth laddos.
- Fresh Coconut: 4 Cups Grated
- Condensed Milk (affiliate link): 100 ml (I use Nestle Milkmaid, you can use any of your choice)
- Milk Powder: 100 mg
- Cardamom Powder: 1/2 tea spoon
- Almonds: 1/2 cup chopped (optional)
- Heat a flat pan and pour condensed milk into it.
- Add 3 cups of grated fresh coconut and milk powder into it.
- Mix well and keep stirring for a minute.
- Add cardamom powder and almonds in the stuff.
- Mix well, turn off the gas and let is cool down for a minute or so.
- Make small balls out of the mix.
- Spread the remaining 1 cup grated fresh coconut in a plate.
- Now take the prepared coconut balls and roll them on the coconut spread plate such that the fresh coconut gets coated over the ball.
- Store these laddos in a box and you can refrigerate these for a month.
Coconuts are a delicious and have many healthy benefits. They are an excellent source of calcium, potassium and magnesium. They are also a nutritious source of fiber, vitamins, minerals as well asamino acids. In fact virgin coconut oil is recommended by many health practitioners to be eaten raw.
You would notice that all the ingredients used in this dessert have their own unique benefits and nutritional value and so these laddos can be eaten without guilt. Try this easy to make and yummilicious dessert and do let me know how was it.