Am I the only one who relishes fritters (pakoras/ tikkis)? I hope not.
And now you may be thinking, has she gone mad… We are here to lose weight and she is giving gyan (knowledge) on eating fritters. But I am serious.
That is the beauty of my blog. We will eat everything and still lose weight. This is what I meant when I said in my introduction that we will look at sustainable weight loss.
Fritters of many kinds (which I will give you recipes of as we move along) have been my allies for my afternoon snack. Delicious and filling.
Okayyy.. so without much ado, let me give you the recipe for the first of the many.
Corn Zucchini Fritters
Preparation time (15 min)
- Zucchini: 1 medium size
- Boiled Corn: 1/2 cup
- Boiled Brown Rice: 1/2 cup (you can use white rice as well)
- Bread Crumbs: 1/2 cup (I used monaco biscuit crumbs, I had some left over)
- Cilantro (Dhaniya): 1/4 cup chopped
- Green Chilli: 2 (optional)
- Salt: to taste
- Red Chilli Powder: 1/2 tea spoon
- Cummin Powder: 1 tea spoon
- Lemon Juice: 1 table spoon
- Grate the Zucchini & press well to take out the excess water. Put it in a bowl.
- Grind the corn and put in the same bowl as grated zucchini.
- Put the remaining ingredients in the bowl and mix well
- Make disk shaped small balls and keep aside for 10 minutes
Cooking time (10 min)
- Heat up a flat pan. Once hot, brush oil to the flat surface.
- Place the prepared corn zucchini balls on the pan.
- Let them cook till light brown (cover the pan with a lid for 2 min) then turn them upside down.
- Repeat the above step.
Your corn zucchini fritters are ready to be eaten. Serve with mint chutney (sauce) or any other sauce of your preference.
Zucchini is well known for its numerous health benefits. This is one of the amazing forms you can include them in your diet.
Try them and let me know how was it.