Almost all my life I have stayed away from Pineapples, thinking that they have too many calories and eating them will make me fat(ter) .. 🙂
But sometime back I stumbled upon the numerous benefits of pineapple – helps in asthma prevention, controlling blood pressure, constipation prevention… oh there are lots plus it is rich in Vitamin C as well.
Seriously!! how could I have NOT eaten this nutritious fruit all those years of my life. But better late than never.
I had seen this recipe a few months back and so I decided to try it. It has now become one of my preferred evening snacks.
Ingredients For Salad:
- Pineapple: 1 cup bite size chunks
- Cucumber: 1 cup bite size chunks
- Tomato: 1 deseeded cut to bite size chunks
Ingredients For dressing:
- Honey: 1 table spoon
- Lemon Juice: 1.5 table spoon
- Salt: to taste
- Black Pepper: to taste
- Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix all dressing ingredients in another bowl
- Pour the dressing ingredients over the salad bowl
- Mix Well
- Keep it in the refrigerator to cool
That is it, you are done. Simple, Refreshing and Delicious.
Make it, enjoy it and don’t forget to like or share the post. haha!Pineapple Cucumber Salad is one of the best examples of #CleanEating & should definitely be… Click To Tweet
PS. Cutting Pineapple can be both tricky and tedious. I get the peeled one from the market. That makes by life easier, else the pineapple eyes can make your treat sore. But once you figure that out, this salad can be your saviour.