With Mother’s day round the corner I would like to share with you a recipe that I learnt from my mom (amongst other things of course). Russian Salad Recipe – Full of fruits & veggies and at the same time tasty and very satisfying.
At least once a month my mom treated us with cutlets, macaroni, russian salad and garlic bread (yeah the menu was fixed). We used to have a feast.
Russian Salad is normally full of cream and high in calorie, but what my mom made was really low in calories and so very healthy and very easy to make as well. So here goes the ingredients.
Ingredients for Salad:
- Apple: 1/2 cup finely diced
- Grapes: 1/2 cup cut in half
- Cucumber: 1/2 cup finely diced (english cucumber preferred)
- Red Capsicum: 1/2 cup finely diced
- Green Capsicum: 1/2 cup finely diced
- Cilantro: 1/4 cup, finely chopped
You can use other veggies like beet root, peas, beans, boiled carrot, boiled sweet potato or boiled potato, etc. as well, but what I have listed above are the ones I like to put in my recipe.
It looks more presentable if all the veggies and fruits you have chosen to put in your salad are cut in the same size.
Mine is a totally veggie version of the recipe – if you eat eggs, you can also add diced boiled eggs to the salad. It becomes creamier then.
Ingredients for Dressing:
I like to keep it really simple.
- Mayonnaise: 2 table spoon
- Cream Cheese: 1 table spoon (if you want to make it healthier, use Greek Yogurt)
- Black Pepper: 1 tea spoon
Preparations (15 + 5 minutes):
- Put all the fruits and veggies in a bowl and give a gentle mix.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix will.
- Now put the dressing into the fruit & veggies bowl. Mix till you see the fruits and veggies coated with the dressing.
- Garnish with Cilantro.
- Put in the fridge to cool it.
Russian Salad is eaten cold. You can eat it as a side dish with your food – baked veggies or macaroni or cheese or garlic bread, etc.
I love to eat it as my snack. Either just Russian salad alone without anything else or as filling in my bread.
You must try this amazing nutritious salad.
GRAB YOUR FREE ACTIONABLE GUIDE – LEARN TO LOSE WEIGHT THE RIGHT WAY!
You will also subscribe to my blog & get regular updates from me – Weight Loss & Health Tips, Eating Right Tips, Exercise & Fitness Tips as well as Self Care Tips.