Broccoli is very good for health, I always knew that… But I always though that it to be eaten either steamed or in white or red sauce with rice or pasta or something to that effect.
Being an Indian, it was hard for me to adopt it in our regular meal. But then I came across this recipe of cooking the Broccoli in an Indian Style. It sounded nice and so I tried it…. I just fell in love with it…
Broccoli Besan Recipe gives an Indian flavour to the recipe and now it gets made in my house at least once in 15 days. The dish tastes like Indian Fritters (pakora). I highly recommend you to try this dish once, before you reject the idea…
Ingredients to mix with Besan:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cut Broccoli into bite-sized florets. Keep Aside.
- In a bowl put besan together with all ingredients mentioned to mix to Besan.
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Heat a pan and put oil, once it is warm add cumin seeds.
- Once Cumin seeds start to sizzle, add asafetida, garlic and green chillis.
- Sauté for 15-20 seconds and then add broccoli.
- Mix well and cover. Keep for two minutes on medium heat.
- Uncover the broccoli and spread a little salt over broccoli. Cover it again.
- After about 2 minutes of cooking on low heat, uncover the broccoli and sprinkle the besan on each of the broccoli florets. Try covering the broccoli with besan.
- Cover the pan again and let it cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Uncover the lid and mix the broccoli and besan. Then sprinkle a little water on it and cover it for another 2-3 minutes. This process will help to coat the besan with broccoli.
- Plate the broccoli and squeeze a quarter of a lemon over it before serving (make sure to put lemon only before serving, else it will bitter the dish if kept for too long.
Read about this amazing Broccoli Besan Recipe. I am going to try it today! Click To TweetThe dish gives a tempting aura and taste as if you are having fritters (pakoras). It is yummyyyyy…Do please try it and let me know how you found it.Credit for the recipe: showmethecurry.com