Brown Rice is super nutritious and if one learns to cook brown rice properly, it is a delight to have, excellent while losing weight. Once you know how to prepare Brown Rice, rest is simple. You can take any cooked white rice recipe and replace white rice with brown one.
I have already written about Brown Lemon Rice Recipe, which has been highly appreciated. Today I am going to talk about another form of Brown Rice which I have recently tried. At least one preparation of Brown Rice has been a part of at least one of my weekly meals, sometimes even two.
Brown Rice Tawa Pulao:
The other day I stumbled upon the recipe of Tawa Pulao on youtube and decided to make it with Brown Rice instead of White Rice. It did come out well.
- Heat the pan and put the oil into it.
- Put ginger garlic paste into the pan and saute for about 1/2 a minute.
- Put finely chopped onions and green chilies.
- Let the onions turn transparent, add the veggies (Capsicum, Beans, Carrot, Boiled Corn) into the pan.
- Sprinkle just a little water and cover the pan, let the veggie cook till tender.
- Now add salt, turmeric and Pao Bhajji Masala.
- Sauté for 1/2 minute and then add the cooked brown rice.
- Mix well and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the gas & add Cilantro and Spring Onions and mix well.
The delicious, healthy and mouthwatering tawa pulao is ready to be plated.
Plate & Serve with yogurt, pickle or your favourite Tomato Chutney or Schezwan Sauce.
For garnishing, you can use sliced fried onion, these give a very different flavour to the pulao.
This awesome yet simple recipe can be eaten for lunch or dinner. Brown Rice fills you up very quickly so you tend to eat less. It is definitely ideal to add brown rice as at least one of your weekly meals.
Do let me know of your experience trying this recipe.