I ate my first Quesadilla at Chillis (in Malaysia). While it tasted amazing, it was loaded with cheese and obviously full of calories. So I decided to make my own healthy version of it.
Today I am going to share my version of Corn Spinach Quesadilla recipe with you. It is finger licking tasty and at the same time healthy. Since I almost all the time have the Tortilla Wraps in my fridge, the quesadillas are one of my quick fixes for breakfast. However, the filling/ stuffing depends on the ingredients available to me in my fridge on that particular day. You can use anything once you get the hang of it.
Let’s get started. 👍👇 I am so sure you’ll love the recipe.
Ingredients for Stuffing
- Spinach: 2 cups chopped
- Onion: 1 Large, finely chopped
- Boiled Corn: 1 cup
- Garlic: 2 Cloves chopped
- Green Chilli: 2 medium sized, chopped (optional but recommended)
- Salt: To taste
- Red Chilli Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric: 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
Ingredients for Quesadillas (for 1 quesadilla)
- Cheddar Cheese: 3/4 cup grated
- Tortilla Wraps: 1 Wrap
- Oil: 1 teaspoon
Preparation of the Stuff
- Heat a pan and add 1 tablespoon oil into it.
- Once the oil is hot, add garlic. Sauté for 1/2 minute.
- Add chopped onion and sauté till transparent.
- Add Corn and Green Chillies into it, mix well and cover the lid. Let it cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add spinach. Mix again for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the spices: salt, red chilli powder and turmeric and mix again. Let it cook for a minute.
- Turn off the gas and keep the stuff aside.
Preparation of the Quesadilla
- Heat a flat non-stick pan and put about 1/2 teaspoon oil into it.
- Spread the oil and put the Tortilla Wrap on it. Heat for 1/2 a minute.
- Spread the prepared filling on the top one half of the wrap.
- Also, spread the grated cheddar cheese on top of the spread.
- Fold the wrap and flip it. Simmer the Gas and let the cheese melt.
- The quesadilla is ready. Remove from the pan onto a plate and cut it into three parts.
The healthy and yummy Corn Spinach Quesadilla is ready to serve. You can have it on its own or with your favourite dip. Do try it and don’t forget to come back and comment on the post below.