Dry Mixed Vegetable is a very common dish among weight watchers. There is not a single person who is trying to reduce weight and has not tried mixing and matching veggies to prepare a mixed vegetable of their choice. Today I am going to give you one of the dry mixed vegetable recipes that I like to prepare.
To me, mixed vegetables should always be colourful and that is what I tried when I made this. Please note down the ingredients for this easy to make a dish which gets ready is just a matter of minutes.
- White Button Mushrooms: 3/4 Cup Sliced
- Broccoli: 1/2 Cup Chopped (Click here to see the Recipe for Broccoli Besan, Indian Style)
- Green Capsicum: 1/2 Cup Sliced
- Peas: 1/2 Cup Boiled
- Onion: 1 Medium Sized, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 Medium Sized Chopped
- Garlic: 1 Clove finely Chopped
- Salt: to Taste
- Pepper: 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilli: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cilantro: 1/2 Cup finely chopped for garnishing
- Olive Oil: 1 Table Spoon
I had these veggies only in my house, so used them. Should you want other veggies of your choice like Boiled Corn, Baby Corn, Spinach Leaves, Red/ Yellow Capsicum, boiled carrot, etc.
- Heat a Pan and pour the Olive Oil into it.
- Once heated, put the chopped onions and garlic into the pan. Sauté till the onions turn transparent.
- Put Mushroom and Broccoli into the pan and sauté for few minutes.
- Put the boiled peas and Capsicum into the pan and sauté.
- Keep the veggies crisp, so only mix for 1/2 – 1 minute.
- Put salt and chopped tomato and mix well.
- In 1/2 a minute put Pepper and dry red chili powder and mix.
- Close the gas and plate it and garnish with cilantro.
Highly nutritious and very delicious, this mixed vegetable can act as a side dish with rice or main dish with roti (Indian Flatbread). Do try this colourful dish and come back to comment on how you liked it.