Soya Granules, similar to soya nuggets and other soy made food items, are a rich source of proteins. They are also high in fibre, vitamins, minerals & Omega 3. It is proven that they help to lower down cholesterol, prevent cancer and reduce bone mass.
Soya is great for weight loss and is considered as an excellent meat substitute for vegetarians who find it difficult in finding protein-rich sources, which are great for weight loss.
Soya Granules with Green Peas Recipe
Being considered a versatile ingredient, they can be used in all kind of dishes, may it be Indian, Chinese or Continental.
What I am going to give you the recipe today is for soya granules as the main ingredient and green peas (hara matar) as the second ingredient. The dish is prepared in complete Indian Style.
- Soya Granules: 1 cup
Get Soya Granules ready for Cooking: Take a big bowl and put the soya granules into it. Now pour boiling water into the bowl and cover it with the lid. Keep it aside for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, drain the water and keep the granules aside.
Keep it aside for 5 minutes. After which time, drain the water and keep the granules aside.
- Green Peas: 1 cup boiled
- Onion: 1 medium size finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 large size finely chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste: 1 teaspoon
- Green Chillis: 2-3 chopped (optional, but recommended)
- Cooking Oil: 1-2 tablespoons
- Asafetida: a Pinch
- Spices: Red Chilli, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala Powder: 1 teaspoon each.
- Turmeric: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: to taste
- Cumin Powder: 3/4 teaspoon
- Cilantro: 1/2 cup chopped (for garnishing)
- Take a Wok and heat it. Put oil into the wok.
- Once the oil is warm, put asafetida, then put the onions and sauté.
- Let the onions turn transparent, then add ginger garlic paste and sauté again.
- After about 1/2 a minute, add the tomatoes and mix well. Also, add the spices and salt. Cover the lid and keep it for 3-5 minutes on slow heat.
- Open the lid and add peas and green chilli, mix well and cover the lid again. Keep for another 5 minutes or until the peas are cooked.
- Add the pre-prepared soya granules. Mix them well and cover it again for 5-7 minutes.
- Now open the lid and add cumin powder. Add cilantro and switch off the gas.
The delicious and protein-rich soya granule and green pea dish is ready to serve. Have it hot, with either rice or roti (Indian Flatbread) or any other bread.
Do try this recipe and let me know how it came out for you. I will soon give you the recipe for soya nuggets as well.