Face Bleaching or Skin Bleaching is used to lighten the facial hair and remove the skin tan. In this post, I am going to talk about the pros and cons of bleaching and also review the VLCC Insta Glow Herbal Bleach with Cucumber & Rose Petals.
Having a flawless skin is every girl’s desire, and bleaching can help. Discrete use of a quality bleach can help in brightening the skin, removing dead cells, tanning and dark spots from the skin. But besides these advantages, bleach application can have its own disadvantages as well, depending on the frequency of use and the quality of the product. Which is why it is important that you know the correct way of mixing and applying the bleach depending on your skin type.
How to Bleach Face at Home?
- Skin Cleaning: Clean the area to be bleached with skin toner. Avoid using chemical based cleansers, as the chemicals in them may react with the bleach and cause problems. I like to use Rose Water.
- Mixing the Bleach: All bleaches have two elements: Powder Activator Ammonia Grains and Hydrogen Peroxide Bleach Cream. Mix 1g of ammonia grains to 10g of hydrogen peroxide cream. Mix the bleach really well, till the grains dissolve into the cream.
- Applying the Bleach: Apply with the help of an applicator brush.
- Dark Complexion: About 2 min on the face and 3-5 min on legs and arms.
- Wheatish Complexion: 3-5 min on the face and 7-10 min on arms and legs.
- Fair Complexion: At least 15 min or more.
- Removing the Bleach: Remove the bleach with the help of a spatula. Thoroughly wash off with cold or tap water.
- Apply Rose Water: Once you wash and pat dry the skin, use rose water. Rose Water soothes the effect of the chemicals that your skin has just experienced with the bleach application.
Note: Mix the activator and ammonia only when you are ready to apply it immediately. Do not save it for future use.
Bleach Patch Test & Allergies
- Always do a patch test if you are using a particular bleach for the first time. The areas where you can carry out the patch test are: inside the wrist, behind the ears, inside the elbow, etc. If you feel no itching or burning sensation or a rash, it means that you are not allergic to the bleach and can safely use the bleach. 🙌🏻🙌🏻
- Bleach Allergy: If you feel itching or burning sensation or red watery eyes, etc., the following activities need to be performed.
- Immediately remove the bleach and wash the affected area with cold water.
- Apply a calamine cream.
- If the irritation persists, give ice-cold pack or ice massage on the affected area.
- Take a 25 mg Avil or any other anti-allergic tablet with water and continue to have lots of water.
Note: Mild Irritation is natural and one need to bear it.
Some Precautions to take while applying bleach:
- Never bleach on cuts, burns, acne, eczema, very dry skin or inflamed skin
- Don’t bleach immediately after waxing or threading or if you have sinus problems or high blood pressure.
- Never apply bleach near the eyes. If mixture does get into eyes, rinse off with water immediately.
- If you have accidentally applied the mixture on the hair or eyebrows, immediately wipe the cream from over it, as the bleach can change the colour of your hair, which you would not like.
- Don’t use soap for a minimum of five (5) hours after you have applied bleach.
Cons of Skin/ Face Bleaching:
The ammonia in the bleach can be harmful for the following reasons:
- Turns the skin yellow
- Makes the skin rough
- Leads to pigmentation
- If used for long periods, may intensify hair growth
Pros of Skin/ Face Bleaching:
- Camouflages the hair on the skin
- Lightens the skin tone
- Helps to remove/ lighten skin tan
- Improves the skin texture
- Reduces blemishes and removes dirt and dead cells
Some Products that can be used as a Home Bleach: Lemons, Potatoes, Aloe vera, yoghurt and Oranges are brilliant skin lightening agents.
I have used many bleaches in the past, some have caused so much irritation that I had to wash them off immediately. Yeah! you can suffer if you are not using the right product. But I liked bleaching only because I wanted to get rid of my skin tan and look a bit fairer (who doesn’t).
What I used earlier and what kind suited my skin was mild fruit bleach. Fem bleach was too harsh for me. Many bleaches and many trials later, I found Insta Glow Herbal Beach from VLCC with Cucumber and Rose Petals for gentle and healthy fairness.
I have been using this bleach for more than 2 years now and today I am going to review this product by sharing my experience on the product with you.
Items inside the Pack:
- 1 Bleach Cream Big Jar
- 2 Powder Activator Small Jars
- 20 Post Bleach Pack
- 1 Big Spoon (10 g)
- 1 Small Spoon (1 g)
- 1 Spatula
Shelf Life: 18 months
- Mix well the Bleach Cream with Powder Activator in the ration of 10g (big spoon) to 1g (small spoon).
- Apply the bleach to the face. Follow the directions and process of bleach application and removal as per the instructions provided above.
- After washing the bleach, apply the Insta Post Herbal Bleach Post Bleach Pack on your face. It is to be applied just like you apply any face pack. Leave it till it dries, which ideally takes about 5-7 minutes, and then wash off the face with cold water or tap water.
A solution for naturally fairer skin in just 10 minutes. It not only bleaches facial hair to perfectly match the skin tone but also deep cleans the skin of all the impurities. It is enriched with herbal extracts of Cucumber, Wheat Germ and Rose Petals that act as vial nutrient for the skin and give it topical nutrition. It helps to maintain an even, clear and radiant skin with a 2 step action:
- Firstly its gentle formula camouflages hair to match skin colour, enhancing natural fairness in just about 10 minutes.
- Secondly, the multivitamins present in vegetable extracts of Cucumber, Wheat Germ and Rose Petals give nutrition to the skin with anti-tan benefits, so that it glows with natural health.
My Experience with Insta Glow Herbal Bleach:
I am very finicky about bleaches as I have not had very good experiences with them earlier. My skin is very sensitive to bleaches. So when I was in India and used to go to a parlour for face bleaching, I categorically used to tell my parlour lady to use a mild fruit bleach. So when I moved out of India and had to take care of my own skin, I wanted to choose something that would be good to my skin.
Mostly, I rely on home remedies for my skin care: like the lemon sugar scrub, but when I saw Insta Glow Herbal Bleach from VLCC, I wanted to try it.
What I felt after using it:
- The bleaching cream and the activator are easy to mix. The spoons that are provided as a part of the pack, make it very easy to know the exact quantity that is required to be mixed for bleaching cream and activator. (I always had a problem with deciding the mixing ratio, but not with Insta Glow. The spoons give you the confidence)
- This bleach is not at all itchy on the skin. Eyes feel a little watery. But for me, that is the sign that the bleach is doing its work. After removing the bleach the skin feels soft and rejuvenated.
- And the best part of the pack is the Post Bleach Pack… I love it. It smells great and once you remove it, the skin feels ah…mazing. My skin feels smooth and soft and fair. My guess, that it is the cucumber and the rose petal extracts that do the magic.
While one can immediately see the effect of the bleach, the facial hair becomes lighter (as claimed); but the actual glow you see after some hours. My skin glows.
So for me, I can give Five Stars (*****) to this product. I think for me there is no looking at any other bleaches.