When someone talks about losing weight or health food, oatmeal is one of the first few things that come to everyone’s mind. And it is not wrong to think so, as oats make excellent breakfast options.
|I never really liked Oatmeal Porridge, eating it always made me heavy and left me with an unpleasant taste in my mouth. Until recently, when I learned the proper way of making the oats and realised that I was making it all wrong. Today I am sharing the correct way of making the oats. Once I learned it, I liked it so much that I now have oatmeal with milk at least twice a week.|
In my past posts, I have shared the recipe for oats chilla (pancake) as well as oats upma. In my blogs to come also I shall share more oats recipes, that is how much I love oats. So now without further ado, please note down the ingredients.
Suggestions for toppings: Banana, Raisins, Strawberry, Blueberry, Almonds, Apricots, grated coconut, honey, apple, etc.
- Heat the pan and pour the 3 cups of water into it.
- Once the water is warm, put the oats into the water and give it a mix.
- Let the oats cook for 2-3 minutes on high heat, and put the gas on medium heat and let the oats continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- You will notice the oats becoming tender, dissolving in the water, making it go thicker.
- Add Milk and fennel seed powder. Mix well, again cook for 3-4 minutes on slow heat.
- Add Sugar and mix for a minute.
- Add the cardamom powder and the chopped almonds and Walnuts and give a mix.
Once your base recipe is ready, you can put your favourite toppings on it to make it more filling and nutritious.Learn the Basic Recipe for making Oatmeal and make your breakfasts fun. Click To Tweet
Important: If you want to add topping to your oatmeal, now is the time to do it. So you can add banana, or strawberries, blueberries, or honey.
Toppings are good and make your breakfast more filling and of course more nutritious.