In my previous article I wrote at length about the health benefits of avocado and why you should include it in your diet, whether or not you want to lose weight. But have you ever eaten an Avocado all by itself? It is bland and tasteless, at least to the those like me, who are into spicy and chatpata (peppery) food.
But it is such a nutrient rich fruit that it was impossible to ignore it. I really wanted to include avocado in my meal. 🤔🤔Avocados have very creamy texture, and so I decided to make sandwich spreads out of it. I experimented with a lot of spreads keeping avocado as the base.
Sharing the first of the many spreads – Mango Avocado Sandwich Spread.
Avocado Mango Sandwich Spread
- Avocado: 1 Full, finely chopped, or mash with fork
- Mango: 3/4 cup, finely chopped
- Red Capsicum: 1/2 cup, finely chopped (to give the crunch)
- Onion: 1/2 medium sized, finely chopped (don’t put onions if you are making this spread for office as the raw onion may cause smell)
- Lemon Juice: 1 table spoon
- Cilantro: 1/2 cup, chopped
- Green Chilli: 1-2 medium sized (optional but recommended)
- Spices: Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Flakes: 1/2 tea spoon
Take a bowl and put all the ingredients into it. Mix well. Refrigerate it.
This spread can be safely used for 8-10 days.
Just take a bread slice, put a spoonful of the mango avocado spread on top of it and you are good to go. Doesn’t the featured image look delicious. Trust me it me more delicious to eat 🤤🤤
Sandwich spreads are am amazing way of including avocados in your meal. It’s creamy texture is so wonderful that you will never want to put butter on your toast again.
Make it once and your 11 am snack is sorted for the next 10 days.
If you want to make your kids have avocado, this is the way. They will relish it – absolutely healthy alternative to butter, or jam or mayo any other sandwich spread that you get in the market.
And more over super easy to make. In my next recipe post I will give another yummy avocado spread recipe. Wait for it ☺️☺️.