Oats are highly nutritious, a rich source of carbs and fiber, which helps in reducing cholesterol and Blood sugar levels. But more than anything it is very filling. So by eating just a small portion, you feel full. For me, oats have always been an excellent breakfast option. I just figure out different ways to eat it.
Oats Chilla (Pancakes) is one of the easiest to prepare – super healthy, full of nutrition, and awesome in taste. It can be an incredibly healthy breakfast choice for you and can also help you with your weight loss goals as well as it is a well-known fact that oats help in weight loss. So little ingredients and super easy to make. So let’s begin with noting down the ingredients.
- Oats: 1 Cup, grind it in the mixer (I use instant oats)
- Onion: 1 medium-sized, finely chopped
- Green Chilli: 1-2 chopped
- Cilantro: 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Red Chilli Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: to taste
- Water: 1 cup
This is the basic recipe for the oats chilla. Should you desire, and depending on your choices, you can add more veggies to it, like grated carrots or boiled corn or chopped capsicum, etc. Adding these veggies can add nutritional value to the chilla. My personal choice still is the basic chilla.
- Put the ground oats in a big bowl. Add salt and red chili powder to it.
- Add water to the oats, little by little and mix well, see that no lumps are formed.
- Put Chopped onion, green chili, and cilantro and keep mixing.
- Add water and make it into a thin batter.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Now heat a flat non-stick pan.
- Put a teaspoonful of oil/ ghee into it and spread it.
- Now take a little of the prepared oats batter and pour it into the pan.
- Simmer the gas and let it cook on one side. Then flip the chilla and cook on the other side as well.
- You will know that the chilla is properly cooked when you see small brown spots on it.
The Oats Chilla is ready to serve. You can eat it with your favourite mint, tomato or coconut chutney or sauce. You can have them even without any chutney as they are yummy tasting on their own too.
I hope you enjoy making this simple, yet nutritious recipe. Do come back to write your comments on the post once you do.