Today I am going to share with you another easy fritters recipe: Peas, Soya Flour and Boiled Corn Fritters. And as you must have guessed by the name of it, these fritters are super healthy and nutritious.
Yeah, I am back with another fritter recipe. Now this one is after a long time, you have to give me credit for this. I resisted for this long to give you another fritter recipe. 🙈🙈 But by now you would know how much I love the fritters and how they have been such an important part of my meals during my weight loss journey You can look at the earlier fritters recipes, please click here.
And now for the ingredients of this one:
- Boiled Peas: 1 cup
- Boiled Corn: 3/4 cup
- Soya Flour: 2 Tablespoon (it is not very easy to find Soya flour, try the local groceries store. If you cannot get it, then replace Soya with Gram Flour (besan))
- Spring Onion: 1/2 Cup green part chopped
- Ginger: 1/2″ finely chopped
- Green Chilli: 1-2 finely chopped
- Cilantro: 1/2 cup chopped
- Salt: to taste
- Cumin Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive Oil: 2 tablespoon
- Grind the boiled peas as well as 1/2 cup boiled corn. Put the mixture in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/4 boiled cup, chopped spring onion, ginger, chopped green chilli, all spices as well as cilantro into the bowl. Mix well.
- Now add the soy flour and mix again. The Soya Flour acts as a binding agent. Mix well.
- Cover the mixture with a wet cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, put a little oil on the palms of your hand and make small disc-shaped patties out of the mix.
- Refrigerate the discs for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the non-stick flat pan and put 2 tablespoon olive oil on it. Spread the oil.
- Now place the prepared discs onto the pan, on medium flame and let them cook.
- After about 1-2 minutes, turn the patties upside down, and let the other side cook as well.
- Once both sides are cooked, take them out on a tissue, so that it soaks any access oil.
The fritters are ready to serve. You can have them with your favourite green chilli or tomato sauce. I make the homemade chutney (mint and coriander) to have the fritters with.
Hope you try these fritters at home and if you do, please do let me know how you liked them. I would wait for your comments.