I am really excited to get nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you, Julie Plagens from Mom Remade, for nominating me. It feels awesome to be recognized by a fellow blogger. The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
Here are the rules for The Sunshine Blogger Award:
* Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and links back to his/her blog.
* Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
* Nominate (at least) 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
* List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
My Answers to the Questions I was asked:
1. Who is your favourite blogger?
I follow Brian Dean from Backlinko. I find his strategies for getting traffic to the blogs very unique.
2. Why do you blog?
Having lost 20 kgs weight by making some changes to my lifestyle, and without torturing myself, I wanted to share what I did and help other women too. I thought that this would be something that everyone would benefit from. The best way to reach out was to start my own blog.
3. What are your hobbies?
I started to blog as a hobby (yeah! but now it is my business too). Now in my spare time, I like to watch informational youtube videos from my niche as well as on blogging.
4. Do your friends/family read your blog?
Yes, they do and many have also benefitted from as well.
5. What makes you angry?
When someone takes me for granted or treats me with disrespect.
6. Dream place to live?
Mountains with a river flowing and trees around. A place near family and friends, and a feeling of being loved.
7. What is your favorite movie?
There are many I think. I am a big Bollywood fan.
8. Where do you like to go on vacation?
I want to see all parts of the world and experience different cultures.
9. If you could have one wish granted, what would it be?
I want good health for my family and friends. And if God grants me a second wish (if at all), then I want my blog to gain more popularity and success, so that many more can be benefitted out of it.
10. List 5 people you would love to have over for dinner (living or dead)?
My parents, my sister, brother-in-law and God to bless us all :). We rarely get to meet, all of us together.
11. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
I love my life and feel very blessed about what I have and achieved.
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Ali Rost – Veggies by Candlelight
- Christy Garrett – Ice Cream & Sticky Fingers
- Divya Budhraja Mathur – Eat Teach Blog
- Rizwan Asad – Chocolate and Chai
- Carrie Mugnano Robinson – The Frugal Foodie Mama
- Jackie Sagdiyev – On the Other Side of Depression
- Sunrita Bhattacharya Dutta – Spice it Upp
- Ellen Tan – Zyra Kuma
- Emily Beeson – Ace + Boogie
- Rowan Britten – Funning Up my Life
- Lorrin Sell – Embrace the Perfect Mess
- Kimberly Kong – Sensible Stylista
My Questions to the nominees:
- Name one thing that you do for yourself in a day (that makes you happy)?
- Name one positive change you have made in your life that you are proud of?
- What is your hobby?
- Do you like cooking?
- What is your favorite cuisine?
- Name 2 of your closest friends, you think are your confidants?
- What was your last travel destination?
- How much do you rely on others for your happiness?
- When did you start blogging?
- What instigated you to start your blog?
- Do your family and friends support your blogging? or think you are wasting time?