Baked Cheese Omelette has been my saviour for quite some time now. When I am in doubt on what to prepare or when I have surprise guests in my house, this is one dish that comes in handy. It is totally foolproof and you can never go wrong with it.
Super simple to prepare and looks so tempting and colorful. Everyone loves it and for me, it is without a doubt, my favorite form of an egg, 2nd being the egg roll.
Eggs are great for weight loss as well as they contain high-quality protein along with 13 essential vitamins and minerals. I am a vegetarian, but I eat eggs. 😂😂 So for those like me, eggs are an amazing source of protein. During the days I ate eggs as one of my meals I was losing weight more than during the days I did not eat eggs.
So if you eat eggs then definitely include them in one of your daily meals and one thing more; I ate the whole egg and not just the whites only.
Okay so without any further ado, let’s get ready with the ingredients to bake our cheese omelet.
- Eggs: 4
- Onion: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Green Capsicum: 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Spring Onions: 1/2 cup finely chopped
(you can even add mushrooms, boiled corn or baby corn, green beans, red capsicum or any other veggie of your choice)
- Cheddar Cheese: 3/4 cup grated
- Green Chilli: 1-2 chopped
- Milk: 1 tablespoon (adding milk to your egg recipes makes them fluffy)
- Salt: to taste
- Red Chilli Flakes: 1 teaspoon
- Break the 4 eggs and pour them out into a large bowl. Beat them well.
- Put all remaining ingredients into the bowl containing eggs and mix well.
- Now take a cake tray and grease it with very little oil.
- Pour all the ingredients into the cake tray.
- Put it in the oven at 120 degrees C. for baking.
- Let it bake for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, check the omelet as you check a cake, i.e by poking it with a fork or knife, if it sticky, continue baking for about 5-10 minutes.
- Before serving, just sprinkle black pepper on top of the cheese omelet.
Serve it hot. You can have it with the bread of your choice.