Phirni or Rice Pudding has always been amongst my favorite desserts. I don’t exactly remember when and how I first got to taste it, but it was ‘Love at First Bite’ for me.😍😍
I was always under the impression that Phirni is a very difficult dish to prepare and so I never even thought of trying it myself. And so I used to request a friend of mine, Pooja Shrotriya, to make it for me every time I felt like having it. Like a sweetheart that she is, she used to make it especially for me and get it.
But this arrangement went on only till I was in Delhi. And then I shifted to Malaysia. I was on my own and had to rely on my own self to take care of my cravings. For long I did not even try to attempt to make Phirni. I was convinced that it was not my cup of tea.
But then one day while searching for some easy dessert recipe, I stumbled upon the Phirni recipe and when I saw the video, it looked simple and easy, with very few ingredients. I tried it that day itself as fortunately, I had all the ingredients at home. Walla! I did it… 💃💃 I made this delicious Rice Pudding on my own…
Now I am an expert in it. Sharing this Super Easy Phirni Recipe with you guys. It hardly takes 20-30 minutes to cook. Looking at the ingredients you will realize too that it is healthy too.
You can have a small bowl of Phirni every day without any guilt (as a meal on its own of course).
- Milk: 1 litre
- White Rice: 100 gms
- Milkmaid Condensed Milk: 150 gms
- Cardamom Powder: 3/4 teaspoon
- Rose Water: 1 tablespoon
- Almonds: 7-8 chopped or sliced, for garnishing
- Rose Petals: 4-5, for garnishing (optional)
- Soak the White Rice in water for an hour.
- After an hour, drain the water from the rice and grind it.
- Heat a Wok, and pour the milk into it. After about 1/2 minute, put the ground rice into it.
- Stir continuously for 4-5 minutes, then put the milkmaid into it.
- Keep stirring for 2-3 minutes and bring it to boil. Add cardamom powder.
- Let it cook for another 5-6 minutes, on medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Turn off the gas, add rose water and a few rose petals and mix well.
- Transfer the Phirni into a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours
- Garnish with almonds and remaining rose petals before serving.
Phirni is served chilled. And with Milkmaid it is so simple to make. It is actually a perfect dessert if you have friends coming over at short notice.
Also, it is very healthy and so you can have it daily too, and an excellent dish for you if you crave for sweets.
Try it and do write your comments on how it was for you.